Sunday, January 15, 2012

My favorite Etsy sellers

What's neat about hand embroidery is the twist you can put on the craft. It's nice to see how it's evolved most recently. Below are some of my favorite Etsy crafters that sell their embroidered goods (as well as patterns). Please enjoy...

1) First up is "the merriweather councel." They specialize in embroidered initial necklaces and funky hoop wall art. They first caught my eye with this little gem of a hoop. When I entered their shop, I was pleasantly surprised to find their hand embroidered necklaces. They are sooooo cute and definitely one-of-a-kind!

This shop has been featured on Apartment Therapy, HGTV.com, Cottages and Bungalows magazine, Sew Hip magazine, Better Homes and Gardens, The Huffington Post, and the TODAY Show, just to name a few.

2) Next is "penguin & fish," and who can resist their kits and patterns?! Every item in their shop brings a smile to my face. Their easy to follow patterns include an image of the finished product, a stitch and color guide, simple instructions, an easy to trace black and white pattern, and one in reverse (for using an iron on transfer pencil). Please note that their patterns are sold for personal use only.

Not only are their patterns adorable, but they also carry super cute plushies such as unicorns, horses, cats, and foxes. The fact that each creation is numbered on the back in the order it was created makes them highly unique!

3) My next favorite "embroidered" Etsy shop is called "Follow the White Bunny." They also sell embroidery patterns (for personal use), and my favorite is "Forty Winks Fox," which I've posted to the left.

Most of the finished products can be created using basic stitches, which is truly awesome! Once a pattern is chosen, it is sent via e-mail, saving on shipping costs. I find myself frequently visiting their Etsy shop, not being able to decide what I like best (as each pattern is equal in "cuteness").

So there you have it...my top three Etsy shops when it comes to the time honored tradition of hand embroidery. Cool, huh?! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment